Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Love One Another

John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.





I read this and wondered why did Jesus repeat Himself? He could have easily stopped at "...as I have loved you..." Instead, Jesus deliberately charged us again to love each other. Why? Are we that forgetful that we have to hear it more than once? Why? Is it that we get so caught up in our own splendor that we may forget to love people? Jesus knew what He was dealing with while talking to us. It wasn't really a new commandment, but He was enlightening us on what He wanted us to do in the first place, love! Our excellent selves get so caught up on quoting scriptures and condemning people that we forget the true mission, love.

There has been uproar over Bruce Jenner. I can honestly say I was taken back by all of it. In my confusion, God gave me an answer. Love! Love doesn't need a condition or terms. I don't have to understand your lifestyle to love you. Just as Jesus loved/loves us is how we should the next man. As people of God we can easily get our passion messed up with persecuting which was what the Pharisees were all about. Still being honest, I have had my "overly zealous" moments too. It is not Gospel to replace sound doctrine with our emotions. Mixing feelings with Bible verses is a very dangerous game and I am so glad God stopped me in my dead tracks. Try actually loving people based on The Love God has for you and not because you like them or are fond of them. Very simple really, but yet very rare. To really love is uncomfortable, heart breaking, and also powerful. It is powerful enough for others to see Christ in you and ask how can they get that same Strength? How can they get to know this Love that is being generated through your smile, laugh, helping hand, and listening ear? Love is what it will take for people to know who we are and Who we serve. Bashing, recalling scripture, or wearing modest clothes will not point sinners to The Cross. Loving one another despite how they look or how we feel, however, will. God's Way is Love. Which way are you going?


#Love #FF #NewCommandment 

No comments:

Post a Comment