Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Picture This! May 2016





2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God stands sure, having this seal, The Lord knows who are His. And, let everyone who names The Name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Picture This! So, there was this well known person passing through a great mass of people. He gave each person the exact same instructions. The instructions were very specific regarding what he wanted from them. Turns out only one person followed the directions that were given. Everyone admonished this person with their mouth, but only one actually followed directions. True enough that was the only person who stood out in the midst of all the people and their praises.

See where I'm going with this? You guessed it! God actually gave me this vision Monday morning. I was floored. I read a scripture that was convicting to me and prayed on it before I started my day. Then, I closed my eyes and God gave me this. Obedience to God is better than the sacrifice of praise with our lips. In Luke 6:46 it asks, "Why call Me Lord and you do not what I say?" God wants to be Lord over our lives, meaning He wants to govern us. Trusting Him in good faith that He knows what He is doing is all He asks of us. Isn't that a key element in a relationship, trust? How dare we praise someone we rarely submit to in our daily living? How dare we talk about God in such high esteem but live our lives the way we see fit. The scripture says in Proverbs 21:2, "Every way of man is right in his own eyes, but God ponders(looks at) the heart." This is exactly what went on as I closed my eyes. It is funny how convincing it seemed to hear the great number of people calling for this person yet, it was all rubbish. He looked over every voice and searched the hearts. That of which, He only found one that obeyed. Once I opened my eyes, it proposed a question for me. What am I doing to stand out? Am I living a life that is pleasing to God? Is this a wake up call?

God wants us in a place where we are solely satisfied with Him. We should be eager to give ourselves to God daily by adhering to what He has to say. Then, actually putting His Word into action. Seeing how messed up the world is now, people need to see us searching and fleeing to God. The world has Hope, Jesus! We are to exemplify that to others. How? Not just by merely talking highly of Him, but by following His Will for our lives through obedience to His Word.

How can we call ourselves sheep 
if we do not listen to our Shepard?
For God gets ALL the glory!
Let us lift our lives in worship together!

3 comments:

  1. Amen,you couldn't have say that any better. Everyone wants God favor, but don't wanna sacrfice anything to be in his presence. Everyone wants to blend in, but noone wants to stand out and proclaim to word of God.. 1 peter 5:6 Humble yourself in the presence of the Lord and he will exalt us in due time..... One we get that in our mind it will transform our hearts that his will be done in our lives and not our own will. Keep up the inspiration!! The harvest is pleanty but laborer are few... 😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This right here is sooo good

    ReplyDelete