Friday, May 20, 2016

Christian. (Verb)





Hello good people! This year is just flying by us. I could have sworn it was just January like yesterday and I was bundled up in boots and gloves. Now, the summer is vastly approaching. Just as the seasons change in Mother Nature, they also change in our lives. I can definitely attest to a time of diligently reading The Bible and spending time with God. Man, was I on fire! When He woke me up I talked to Him. Throughout the day I would pray, and before I laid down I made sure to talk to my Father. How about now? Oh, I am either too sleepy to care or rushing to work. Then, I am so easily distracted by my day that I "forget" to acknowledge Him when I am fully awake. Let's not even talk about how "exhausted" I am to talk to Him before I go to bed. Isn't that funny? I, me, and maybe even you can go a whole day without spending any QUALITY time with God. I am not referring to those drive by prayers that we mumble. Do not misunderstand me, by drive by, I mean no meaning. Those prayers we say just because like..."Oh Hey God, almost forgot about ya...okay well bye" kinda prayers.

For whatever reason we tend to forget about the ONE person who never forgets about us. Us silly humans can call our parents every day, friends, significant others, etc...but "forget" to have meaningful conversations and meditation with God. You know The One Who sent His Son, Jesus, to die for OUR sins, filth, and deserved seat in hell. One quote I found while looking back at some notes I took during my devout years is this, "It does little good if Christians declare and defend The Truth, but fail to demonstrate it in their lives." How powerful is that? Who really cares how much we talk about God if we barely spend time with Him for Him to be ACTIVE in our life. Being a Christian is not an adjective to me, but a verb. It is not just a person proclaiming to simply know Christ. It is a person living like Christ. Let this mind be in you that was also in Christ Jesus says The Word of God! How do we allow our minds to change?

Well, the answer is and will forever be in His Word. I can say I do not want to have sex all day long. Does that stop the desire? No. Does it prevent temptation from ever so loudly knocking at my door? Of course not! What will sustain me in those times? His Word, through DAILY meditation, prayer, and fellowship with God and with like minded people. How can a drug addict stop using drugs around addicts? So how can we get closer to God if we are hanging around people who seem to have it as an option and not a priority? Bad company is another post, but I believe you get the point. Let's live out our beliefs and be the action verb Christian and not just the adjective...

God is speaking.
Do you hear Him?
His words are piercing,
but we are not listening.
We are so busy,
but not really.
Lord I don't have time.
Even though You gave me time.
I mean You understand
Because You are forgiving, right?
Man, what am I saying.
I have been too busy complaining
to realize You have just been patiently waiting,
on me.
It's crazy. Your Love is so sweet.
I don't want to keep taking advantage.
Today is the day that I stop taking US for granted. 
You made this possible.
You are GOD, incomparable!
Your Power is unstoppable!
People call me crazy because Your Word is not logical.
I laugh because Your Word is REMARKABLE!
You opened my eyes and my life was then radical.
Said that to say, I love you and 'bout time that I show it.
Christian is a verb. 
Not just another word.
Not just something cool to say. 
Remember, God said He loved us and His Son died to demonstrate.
Jesus, came and showed us how to behave.
He loved until the last blood drop while being betrayed.
Now it is on us; what will we illustrate?
The noun, the adjective, or the verb?
Let's choose to freely LIVE out The AMAZING Truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment